The following goddesses all had something to do with pregnancy, childbirth or child-rearing. Match the goddess to her correct function.
- Aboena; Alemona; Lucina; Cunina; Decima
- To guard the cradle; To watch over pregnancy; To ensure the safe going out and coming in of children; To keep unborn children safe; To look after women in childbirth
The Greco-Roman god of the wind was Aeolus, who had six sons, each controlling the wind from a particular direction. Match the son with the particular direction of his wind.
- Aquilo; Boreus; Corus; Eurus; Notus; Zephyrus
- North; East; South; South-West; West; North-West
Many parts of the human skeleton have Latin names. Where would you find the following bones?
- flute; small dish; brooch; basin; cuckoo; ray; hammer, anvil and stirrup
Which NSW places are referred to by the following Latin phrases?
- collis aestivus; mons monens; tumulosus infractus; montes caeruli; silicis phoci; geminus sinus