Number of students...
- across NSW sitting the HSC this year: 67, 189
- doing Latin Continuers: 180 (0.27% of the total number of students)
- doing Latin Extension: 100 (0.15% of the total number of students)
Number of my students...
- doing Latin Continuers: 11 (6% of the total number of Latin Continuers students)
- doing Latin Extension: 8 (8% of the total number of Latin Extension students)
Highest marks in my class...
- for Latin Continuers: 98/100
- for Latin Extension: 49/50
Percentage of my class in the top performance band...
- for Latin Continuers: 63%
- for Latin Extension: 75%
The guy who came first in Latin (from Shore) is quoted in today's paper speaking about Latin:
Chao Wang, a Shore student who topped both Latin subjects, was better able to handle the Chinese interviewers because he speaks Mandarin.
He was hand-picked to study Latin because his teacher, who also taught last year's top student, is convinced that those who are good at mathematics pick up the language more easily. "It's a lot of fun," Chao said of Latin. "It's all problem solving."